Responsive, reliable, and secure rug storage for small and large rugs – from Persian carpets and family heirlooms, to antique carpets and silk rugs. When a rug is to be stored for more than a few months, professional cleaning is recommended but not necessary if not needed.
We provide periodic rug inspection during the duration of long-term rug storage.
DIY Rug Storage Tips
If you plan to do it store your rugs yourself, we’ve put together a few tips for properly preparing your rugs for storage. If you have any questions, or need a few rug storage ideas, get in touch by phone at 443-883-5825.
- Make sure the rug is completely dry before wrapping and storing.
- Store the rug in a clean, dry, and secure location.
- Periodic inspection of the rug is strongly recommended.
- For wrapping, purchase a secure rug storage bag.
- Moth proof wool rugs. Applied after cleaning – good for 6 months.
Rugs should never be stored dirty. Soils can oxidize making them difficult or impossible to remove. Additionally certain soils are more attractive to pests such as moths and carpet beetles. Learn about our rug cleaning services before you store.
What to Avoid
Don’t use moth balls or moth flakes for preventing moth damage. These materials have little insect repellent effect, and the odor they impart to the rug can be difficult to remove. Don’t wrap with newspaper.